Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Procrastinated...

Okay.

I should have started this blog long ago. I should have started it MONTHS ago -- as soon as I became polish obsessed, but alas, I procrastinated. Just as I do with everything else, I just posted on Facebook all my awesome and not-so-awesome pictures of my manis.

But here I am. I get there... eventually. It took someone calling out mere laziness as a reason why I wouldn't start a blog. She's right. It was just laziness, and I love polish way too much to not start a blog.

Nail polish and doing my nails is my zen. It's my hobby. It's how I've made dozens of friends and discovered amazing independent polishes. It's how I spend 5 out of 7 nights of my week, and sometimes the girls' nap times, too. I rely on polishing my nails instead of drinking wine every night. It's how I destress from my fairly stressful life. It's how I reward myself for a job well done, weight loss, or just plain making it through a day without drinking a whole bottle of wine while the twins color on our front door and TV while I take the oldest to the potty for the 25th time in 7 hours. Polish is my color and sunshine when my world can turn a little gray from lack of human contact... okay, ADULT human contact. It's how I say to myself, "Hey! Look! So you ate that whole candy bar... so what? Your nails look FANTASTIC!"

I don't know what really started my obsession. I loved watching my friend Jenni posting pics of her nails, and then thinking why don't I do that? Pinterest probably didn't help, and joining Facebook polish obsession groups DEFINITELY didn't help. They are like meth friends for a meth addict. They talk about the thing you love the most and you decide you need to join. You want to be like them, so you do. I love my polish-obsessed girls. I love my indie polish making friends. I love (and hate!) Pinterest, but most of all, I love getting nail mail and then deciding how I am going to use it that night, or perhaps for the next week (depending on how MUCH I got!). I love getting a great deal, using coupons on Etsy to discover new awesome polish, and I especially love getting the polish I've wanted for a long time! Makes me happy when I have it in my hands. That is what you call EPIC nail mail! 

Zen Polish would have to be the name of the polish I make, that is, if I ever made it. I won't. I'm not imaginative enough, and definitely don't have the drive. Too many awesome creators as it is. I'll just drool and buy. Screw Tiffany's. I want polish for Christmas! 

Agreed, my polish loving friends? It's not merely an addiction. It's a cult. It's part of your being and your daily life. It's like your wedding ring -- naked without it, and it's a beautiful and simple accessory for your hands!

Start in on pics and reviews tomorrow!

~Jess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment